Many people register a www.domain.name – set up a website, but never use their domain-name email address which is available for free to them. The reason why many people don’t do this varies – some don’t know that this is available to them, while some think it is too hard to set up.
Simple tutorial: Get Free Email with your Domain name
What would you think of a person who is trying to do business with you and emails you from a Gmail or hotmail/yahoo mail address. It is reasonable to think that you would possibly give more importance to a person who actually emails you with and email-address like [email protected] rather than a free service like [email protected] or jack @gmail.com.
Many people don’t understand the importance of you custom email address until they start using this, a e-mail with your own website address definitely looks more professional and trustworthy than a free email service. It also shows that you have taken the trouble to purchase a website , which adds another factor of authenticity and reassurance.
Getting a custom email is even easier today with domain names available for as low as $1 and wordpress hosting for websites going for as low as $3.49 a month. This makes it not only easier to get a website started but also get your custom email name/address.
There are still many people out here who only buy a domain name to get a respectable looking email-address attached to it which they can use for communication.
Here are some Domain and hosting providers that give you a free Email with your domain name and hosting account.
The fact of the matter is when you have spent money to buy a domain name, then why not use it and get yourself looking professional in your email communication with others. When you send a email to another person from your own website domain name it also shows trust , as only you or people you trust will be able to use your that website mail address.
Below I will show you what it’s all about when we use terms like Forwarding emails , Set up email servers, POP 3 and SMTP. But really you don’t need to know the more technical terms like pop 3 and smtp as the process of forwarding your emails are pretty straightforward.
So what is email forwarding
While we all would like to have our very own custom email-addy, we still want the comfort of our gmail or Hotmail for daily use. This is where the above email providers come in, they have made it easy to just set it up so that you can just forward all your emails you get at [email protected] to forward to [email protected] or yahoo or hotmail which is what you use for everyday checking of mails.
IF you are looking for any of the following solutions
- Forwarding email server , pop 3 smtp register
- Buy domain name with email
- Domain name email hosting
- Email with domain name
Then the guide below will be able to help you
How to setup your email with your domain name
This process is done in two parts, first setting up your domain name and second forwarding it to your Hotmail or Gmail address.
I will below show you how to set up your email a/c and forwarding on godaddy hosting , as I have a hosting account with them (among many others) and they are pretty good with a wide range of services available in one place.
Login to godaddy.com ( or get a hosting account/domain name first)
1. Login to Godaddy admin panel
2. Click on manage
3. Click on activate email if not already activated
4. Once email propogated ,it will show here
5.a If not propogated, create a free account
5b optional Create a new email-a/c
5.c Select your option while creating email-account
6. Additional options (auto reply etc)
7.Forwarding (Click to create forwarding and enter details to activate this )
This is the simple way of adding and forwarding email via go daddy admin panel. If you want more information, you can always visit the support links on godaddy for (To Add an Email Account to a Domain) and ( To Set up an Email Forwarding Address) or contact them on phone.
How to setup a email with your domain name and blog with bluehost
Create a new email account :
- Log into your Bluehost Control Panel.
- Open the Email Accounts tool, located in the Mail section of the cPanel.
- In the “Email:” text box type the User you would like to create an email address for
- In the “Password:” text box type the Password you would like this User to have.
- The “Password Strength:” meter will tell if the password you have entered is strong enough. We highly recommend you use a strong password. For more information on this subject? Please see our Knowledgebase article on
- In the “Password (Again):” text box type the Same Password you used above to confirm that they are the same. If the passwords do not match please carefully retype the password into both boxes again.
- The “Mailbox quota (optional):” text box is used to specify the amount of your overall hosting storage that will be allocated for that specific email account. The default that should be listed is 250 MB. You can increase or decrease this number as you desire.
- Once the User, Password, and Quota are all accurate; simply click the “Create Account” button.
Go to bluehost over here to create your domain-email account.
PDF BONUS –
Doc attached with this post : Download Here Deals to get you laid with a new blog grey
My name is Jeff and I like to blog about building websites and setting up new blogs,optimizing websites with wordpress plugins and scripts , I like to write about cool gadgets and SEO & Internet marketing.
Yes thats Me!:) .
You can find me on Google +here.I lovetinkering around with html , wordpress an finding ways to promote and rank blogs on Google ,Bing and Yahoo search engines. Iam also on a journey on finding out how to make money from websites ,so I will share my wisdom and hope you can also learn something from it.
So welcome to my domain and I hope I can be of some help to you on your blogging journey.
Latest posts by jeff (see all)
- The Top WordPress Hosting providers comparison with features and prices – 2018 - August 13, 2018
- Bluehost launches SEO and Rank monitoring services - July 16, 2018
- Is godaddy a good host to start a website ? - June 13, 2018